Sadaf Siddique is an author and has spoken on issues of Muslim and South Asian literature and representation at many conferences and literature festivals. She has also conducted teacher training workshops and diverse story times geared towards parents and educators. Some of those events are listed here.
Sadaf also works as a sensitivity reader to review writing and illustrations to help facilitate authentic representations of Muslims and South Asians in the mainstream.
Areas of Expertise:
- Representations of Muslim, South Asia and South Asian characters in the diaspora.
- Stories and plot points related to Islamic and South Asian history, politics, culture, social issues and settings.
- Authenticating religious practices, traditions, festivals and mythology of varied South Asian religions such as Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Sikhism and Buddhism.
- Islamophobia, casteist politics and racism specific to South Asia, South Asians and Muslims.
- Languages: Urdu (spoken and written) and Hindi (spoken and written).
- Immigrant experiences and hybrid identities.
If you would like to get in touch, please use the form below.